»

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Celebrate You: Don't Beat Yourself


If you follow this blog, you'll know I'm an avid football fan. I love the NFL network and all things Baltimore Ravens. A few weeks ago, I was looking at football stats online and the #1 team in the NFC is the Atlanta Falcons, who beat the Ravens but that's besides the point, and its because they do not beat themselves.

What is considered beating yourself in football? In my last year or so of watching football, I have watched great teams become lazy and lose a game they should have won. Is that your life? Are you getting this close to the finish line and giving up? Do you know you are that close to the finish line? My favorite poem is called "Don't Quit" and my favorite line is : "And many a failure turns about, When he might have won had he stuck it out." The light is always darkest before the dawn and don't beat yourself. Too many people give up on life before their life even starts.

My Dad often says, "if you're 40 and you're going to live to be 80, that means you have 40 years to change your life." I don't know about you, but 40 years is a long time to revamp your life. In our society, we pretend that once people reach their 40s, it's time to put them away and time to move on to the 20 year olds. The reality is every 20 year old will be 40 and every 40 year old used to be 20. What does that mean? It's never too early or too late to begin living. If you wanted to be a painted and you're 40, why not be a painter. Life is too short to tell yourself what you can and can't do. Let someone else tell you no, then find someone to tell you yes. It may take you days, weeks, months, or even years but one day someone will tell you yes. Don't beat yourself in life, you never know who you may become.

0 comments: