»

Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm So Over Reality Shows


I think I may be in the minority when I say I'm over reality shows. Maybe I'm in the majority. Or Maybe I'm just growing up. Either way, I'm over a bunch of grown people fighting for no apparent reason. My hate-hate relationship began with the latest season of Bad Girls Club, I loved season 4. The show was over the top but now it's just annoying made for TV drama. Are you really gonna argue with a bunch of people you don't know daily?

Last night I was watching Basketball Wives 2 and I'm so over these 30 and over women starting high school drama. Evelyn and Jennifer need to sit down somewhere. Am I the only one who found Jennifer's confrontation of the party host annoying? Why is Jennifer with all her marital woes and ish, worrying about if someone posted her friends number on Craigslist? Why does that involve her? Please don't get me started on Football Wives. VH1, please don't give these women a season 2. I know they may need the money, but I don't need them. I don't want to watch them hating on Pilar because her life is everything they want theirs to be. Let's be real, they're hating on Pilar because she's "on the money train" and they have money woes.

I could go on and on for days about reality shows, but I won't because I don't want to. The ironic thing is Real Housewives of Atlanta, Basketball Wives, Bad Girls Club, Teen Mom, and 16 and Pregnant, used to be my favorite shows, now I'm over it. Besides fake drama, the only thing I've seen these shows do is ruin the lives of the participants. Jon and Kate, Heidi and Spencer, Teen Mom stars, Nene and Gregg, and more people than I care to name. The point is, having a camera in your face for 18 hours a day is not normal and anyone who thinks it is, isn't. I'm looking forward to watching more scripted shows, scripted as in someone actually wrote the words as fiction, and leaving the reality show garbage alone. If you care BET has two new series premiering in January.

0 comments: