»

Friday, April 30, 2010

Have you heard: Angel Taylor

Angel Taylor - Love Travels





In my former life, I think I was a woman who loved to go to coffee shops and listen to music or go to jazz clubs and relax. Don't ask how former this is because I was only born in 1986 and American coffee shops are a recent phenomenon. But anyway, I say all this to say I know something you should know and that is: Angel Taylor.

Angel Taylor is a 22 singer-songwriter from southern california who abandoned her teaching dreams to pursue music. Her music is soulful and melodic and nothing you would expect from a 22 year old. I love Angel Taylor. I discovered her music less than a year ago when my friend played her song, "Make Me Believe." I wasn't hooked but on a slow Friday night I did some youtubing, same as googling except for the looking up videos part, and I found some songs. I love her voice. It's raspy but she can still sing and her songs tell a story. I love songs that tell a story. A party anthem or sexual healing song is cool every once in a while but a story in a song is like reading a book; as you listen to the music, in your mind you match the words with actions. I realize that the slow, coffee shop esque music is not for everyone but I suggest you try it sometime.

Angel Taylor - Love Travels

0 comments: