»

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Side Eye of the Day: Prince and the Internet


Maybe there's a reason why we barely hear from Prince. In an interview with the UK's Daily Mirror, Prince pronounced the internet dead. What? I don't see the internet dying anytime soon. If it does, I'd like to see it's replacement. And not to Prince, MTV is still going strong. I feel like Prince should get with the times and put his music online. It's going to be there anyway, why not get a cut of the profits?


"The internet's completely over. I don't see why I should give my new music to
iTunes or anyone else. They won't pay me an advance for it and then they get
angry when they can't get it. The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip
and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets
are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for
you."

0 comments: