»

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Nicki Minaj feat. Will.I.Am - "Check It Out" feat. Will.I.Am / "Right Through Me"



Harajuku Barbie and Will.I.Am release their new video for "Check It Out" feat. Will.I.Am. While Harajuku is known as being a significant fashion and shopping region in Tokyo, Nicki is actually using Korean extras and text in this video. Can't say YMCMB aren't utilizing their market.


*With all of the flack Will.I.Am got from his outfit at the VMAs, I wonder if critics will say anything about his "whiteface" in the video, lol.


Update:



Nicki dropped her "Right Through Me" video shortly after "Check It Out" yesterday. With smart moves like this, why all the worrying Onika?

"She was worrying about first week. She was like, 'Drake sold [463,000]. What you think I'ma sell? As if she gon' sell less," recalls (Mack)Maine. "I explained to her, 'You know a lot of the press and the media really got it brainwashed with first week sales.' Bieber went on to sell 2 million and Bieber might have only sold 17,000 the first week. Juvenile sold like 30,000 his first week of 400 Degreez and went on to sell 6 million...I don't know what happened to working the record and making sure that the artist reaches a certain point."(VIBE)

Good point Mack, whatever happened to that??

If some of her recent Pink Friday material seems a little too...(eh)POPpy for your ears, Maine says don't fret...

"I heard the majority of the album. Nicki's talented so I made sure she still put something on there for the urban audience, so it's not all pop," added Maine. "Nicki can sing, rap, she just giving you what she feel like giving you. It's diverse, she's versatile--she's been there. Everyone's loving the 'Right Through Me' record...There's no reason to be nervous. Basically, right now, there's no competition. I think confidence kills nervousness. She is the one. All eyes [are] on Nicki so all she really has to do is do her. It's not an act. When you doing you, it's nothing you can mess up at because you're being yourself. She's found herself, she's found her lane, so there's not really too much to be nervous about." (VIBE)

Nicki's Pink Friday album drops on November 22nd.

0 comments: