»

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Youth Paradox


I'm beginning to think 24 is the new 30. Let me explain. My birthday is in 5 days and I've been contemplating my fading youth for the last month or so. I've realized I'm not the only one. While perusing the random statuses on Facebook, one of my former classmates pondered his youth in his status.


Why is turning 24 such a pinnacle for 86 babies? Shouldn't the 85 babies be having the crisis? If any one deserves to gripe over age, it should be the 80 and 81 babies are who at the end of their 20's or at the beginning of their 30's. Turning 24 has made me realize that life moves fast and youth fades. When you look at 60, 70, and 80 year old people, I have to remember they were once 24. That makes me wonder if they miss their youth. American are youth obsessed while other cultures revere their older citizens. Is trying to save youth a useless task? Yes and no. There are things you can do to preserve your youthful appearance with exercise and eating right but there is nothing you can do to stop time, unless you die. Yes people, the alternative to seeing 50 is to end your life at 25.

0 comments: