»

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Basketball Wives S4 E3



  • I've been trying to figure out what Royce did to Shaunie, Jennifer, and Evelyn. I've watched the last 3 seasons, and I've been a bit iffy on the fourth one because I don't have cable, but I can't recall anything that Royce has done to make them dislike her. I think it's because Royce didn't play the petty role that they gave her. I always thought it was dumb for them not to like dancers when most dancers have a day job and can't even date the ball players. They didn't know Royce and decided that they didn't like her. I applaud Royce for standing up for herself.
  • Suzie, or Sluzie or Sthuzie as some people call her, is really irritating me. I've heard of people becoming friends with people they fought, which was in elementary school, not with women in their mid 30's. I know I have said it in every review but Suzie is dead wrong for how she's treating Royce. Wasn't Royce the only one who stood up for Suzie when Evelyn was trying to beat her down at every turn? I really hope that Suzie doesn't think she'll become more than a mole to Evelyn. She'll never be Evelyn's best friend. I think everyone on the show is tolerating Suzie, and believes that she's stupid, I doubt they really like her. 
  • I have no sympathy for Evelyn. It's called karma. She slept with Tami's husband, probably Eric, Jen's ex-husband, and a few other high profile men in relationships, so she gets no sympathy.
  • I have to play a bit of devil's advocate because I don't believe successful men get an infidelity pass. There are plenty of men who make six figures and above who are faithful and many men who don't have two nickels to rub together who are notorious cheaters. Cheating is a choice that has nothing to do with socio-economic status.
  • Why is Evelyn trying to marry a man who is telling her that he is not ready for a marriage? It's okay that you wanna stick around and reap the benefits of being in a high profile relationship, but there is no need to marry him. This marriage may work because Chad and Evelyn have an agreement, "keep your hoes in check" and Evelyn gets the perks of being with Chad. It still sounds like a train wreck to me. 
  • I know they're trying to add balance to the show, per Shaunie's request, but it's not working. These charity events look bootleg and they don't fit into the show. How can you have a scene with them fighting and back biting and then them at a charity event? It doesn't mesh well. 
  • I appreciate Tami's openness about what she's been through in her life but this is not a complete story line. This was just thrown in there and it feels awkward. 
  • I feel like Tami is trying too hard to be "real." I also feel like Tami has this false bravado because she's in with the "popular girls" and she believes that no one can talk back to her or touch her and that's wrong. Tami is too old to be acting like that. I also want Tami to stand down on her initiation of the new girls. Tami has stepped her game up but she still struggles sometimes. 
  • Kenya, Kenya, Kenya. If you're serious about becoming a star and winning that Grammy, you need to become serious. Whenever you market yourself as a creative type, you should be prepared to offer something of your craft. Kenya should have been ready with her music and prepared to dance. Also, as a singer, aesthetics are very important. I'm not saying Kenya has to be Beyonce'd out and dressed to the nines all the time, but she does have enough money for a good weavologists and to buy better clothes. Her hair should be better and her clothes shouldn't age her. 

0 comments: