»

Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Stomp the Yard: Homecoming" Review


I recently borrowed an advanced copy of "Stomp the Yard : Homecoming" from my day job at the Baltimore Times with the intention of bringing it back before my boss forgot about it. I decided that since today was to be dedicated to cleaning and searching for a part time job, I would pop it in while I did those things.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate this movie a 5. It was entertaining but pretty much the same movie. They girls got a chance to step, which I loved, and Kiely Williams played the sudectress but other than that"Stomp the Yard: Homecoming" is going straight to DVD for a reason. Recent death in the family, check, Theta Nu needs a new dancer to trump up their tired old routines, check, Mu Gamma Mu and Theta Nu beefing at their coming out celebrations, check. It's the same movie that's revamped a bit. They did add a few new elements but not enough to save this movie from being drab. I like movies that are accidental successes. Stomp the Yard was an accidental success. When movies are accidental successes, there are no incentives to recreate anything or make lots of money but to make a good movie. "Stomp the Yard: Homecoming," fell to that curse. Please don't make a third one.

0 comments: