»

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Word of the day: Discretion


I've spoken about discretion before but hearing Rickey Smiley speak about it, made me want to write about it again. I'm discret. I don't post much on Facebook nor do I post much on Twitter but that will change. I'm going to post of VII's Twitter not my personal twitter. But I believe in discretion. There are certain things that people won't know unless you tell them. There are also personal things you need to keep to yourself. I was watching Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami a few weeks ago when a Dash employee confided to another employee on camera that she had a bump in her genital area. Then she became upset when another employee told Kim. I was a bit confused because she told the entire country but was upset when one person knew. I just can't with her. The point is to keep your business your business.

My dad told me something that has always resonated with me: it's not a secret if you tell someone. Once you tell someone something, you cannot control what happens to the secret. They may keep it to themselves or tell the entire world. You cannot control that. One thing I'm slowly coming to terms with is the fact that I cannot control other people nor can other people control me. The only thing I can control is me. If I don't want people to know, I have to keep it to myself. Point blank. It's that simple. I also think people will be a lot happier once they realize this face.


Please be discreet. Being tacteless has caused the downfall of many great people. Frank Lucas didn't go to jail until he decided to be flashy and wear the fur coat to a boxing match. If you're going to do something illegal or sneaky, please be discreet. Don't flash all your wealth. Keep your lifestyle to a minimum or keep it private. if you're going to smoke, don't smoke in public, smoke in your house or somewhere private. Discretion will save you a lot of trouble.

0 comments: