»

Monday, September 6, 2010

Celeb Quotes: Mashonda in S2S


Mashonda is covering the September issue of Sister2Sister and she is letting the magazine know about Alicia asking her son to call her Mommy, her disrespect of her, and how she handles Swizz' other baby mamas.

On Alicia Asking Kasseem Jr. to call her “Mommy”:

S2S: You said that
Alicia wanted your baby to call her “mommy”. How do you know that she said that?

Mashonda: My son told me.

S2S: And you told her that is not
going to happen?

Mashonda: Yeah. I sent her an email and asked her to
please respect what I am to him and it’s not right for her to think that is
okay. She never replied. She doesn’t reply to me. She has never given me that
respect.

S2S: What does Swizz say?

Mashonda: He said okay, he
would stop it. He wouldn’t let her do it.

S2S: That would be kind of
confusing for the child.

Mashonda: Oh, it is. It is so unfair to the
child. I have been in contact with the little girls mother (the woman in England
who has Swizz’s baby). She’s a young girl. She’s a spiritual girl. She
apologized to me… I don’t even judge her. I can’t. She’s totally different than
the other one. This other one knew. Alicia knew about me 100 percent. Swizz
introduced me at prior events. They were signed to the same record company. She
knew. And I emailed her and asked her to stop doing what she was doing and she
disregarded me. Just like she disregarded me when I asked her to not have my son
thinking it was okay to call her “umi.” You’re not his umi. You just met my son.

S2S: “Umi” is like “mommy”?

Mashonda: “Umi” means “mommy” in
Arabic. I’m like no. And then after I spoke to the lady in London, she told me
that she tried to get her daughter to call her “umi” as well.

S2S: She’s
met the lady in London?

Mashonda: Yes. I’m glad she’s having her own
child now because now she will have someone to call her “umi”.

S2S: Wow.

Mashonda: Like, if you want to be a stepmother, that’s great. Be a
stepmother. But don’t think that it’s okay to make a kid call you “umi” or
“mommy.”

On why she continues to talk about this if she moved on:

Mashonda: People ask me why am I still talking about this and why don’t
I just leave it alone. I’m like, this is going to help somebody. My story is a
universal thing. This is not just something that only happened to me: This
happens to women every day. Mine was just ugly. If I can help the next woman get
through and be positive, then I’m going to talk about it.

S2S: Were you
guys dating other people before he got with Alicia? Were you guys separated?

Mashonda: We were married. Sleeping in the same bed and having sex every
night while he was seeing Alicia. Okay? It was an affair. 100 percent. I don’t
know why people want to change that rule so much. We had just had a kid, for
crying out loud. Our child was 8 months. I found out about Alicia two days
before my son turned 1. They had been doing their thing for months before that.
(brownsista.com)

I love Alicia and her music but I'm not sure if I like this side of her. All I know is what Mashonda is saying and I believe that Alicia is a bit rude and disrespectful. I want people to stop star worshiping because they are people just like you except they're in the public eye. Just because Alicia sings nice songs and is talented, doesn't mean that she can't break up a home. I also think that people should stop treating Mashonda like she's the mistress because she was with Swizz before he was Swizz.#justsaying.
Here is the cover:

0 comments: