»

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Celebrate You: Are you living or just existing?


How many times have you heard some singer or motivational speaker say these words: stop existing and start living. I've heard Michael Jackson sing these words before and I've heard Nickel Back say something to this extent. Aren't we all living? If we wake up with breath in our bodies and the ability to move, aren't we living? Yes, in the physical sense.

Are you using your day to the fullest? Are you using your day to advance your life and be the best you can be? Do you know how to balance your goals and your life? Or do you wake up everyday and work a job you hate so you can finance a life that you hate? Don't be mad at me, I'm just saying.

I've been there and I am here. I worked a job I hated because everyone said not to leave until I had something else, which is good advice but still bad for the spirit. There is nothing worse than going to a job you hate daily because it pays a check. It makes you angry and unhappy and no one wants to be around that.

If you wanna start living, get unstuck. Take clear stock of what's making you unhappy and write a series of small steps to change it. Maybe start by looking for a new job, changing your hair, losing a few pounds, getting out of that bad relationship, whatever, just fix it. Next, realize what you really want and write out the steps it'll take to get there. if you take a series of small steps, you'll reach your ultimate goal quicker. The main point is do something.

0 comments: