»

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Celebrate You: When the going gets tough...


How do you react to adversity? Some of us put on our big girl (or big boy) drawers and get going and some of us take a break. Someone once quoted this to me: everyone has a plan until they get knocked down~Mike Tyson. Who would have thought that Mike Tyson was full of wisdom like this?
But anyway, that saying is true. When we graduate from college, we have our degree in hand and a plan for our life. We get a good job, a nice place, get married, have kids, and retire at the age of 65. That is the plan for most of us but what happens when that good job is an $8.50 an hour job, our nice place is our parents basement, and we're single with no real prospects. What happens when our perfect life is not so perfect. Do we give up on life or get to going?
By the way, the person described in the paragraph is me. I never really had a plan for my life, I just sort of thought it's open up, so I graduated from college with no real plan. Smart, I know. So I'm figuring out my life as I go. Don't get me wrong, I create plans and ultimate life goals along the way but I still have no idea where I'll be at the end of this. Am I the only one like that? An idea but nothing concrete.
I'm at the point of my life where I want to do something great but I have no idea how to do it. I love to write, so I thought I'd do this magazine and now it's not really turning out how I expected to. We have no writers and no direction. What do I do? Give up? No, go back to the drawing board and come back better.

0 comments: