»

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Quick Fixes do not exist


Good morning world. I know it's early but I woke up with a message on my heart: There is no such thing as a quick fix. For the last thirty or so years, Americans have been looking for quick fixes. We want to win the lottery, go on the latest diet, work smarter not harder, the secret of attraction and whatever other B.S. they're selling. The latest thing has been the diet craze. Take this supplement, this weight loss drink will make you lose 10 pounds a week, this natural ingredient will help you do whatever. And please don't get me into the foreign scams: send me $1,000 and I'll send you a million. #wheretheydothatat? No where that I know of. Loans don't work like that. The bank sees you have collateral and then they give you a loan you pay back later. There is no such thing as send me a few thousand and I'll give you more. It's a scam, please run as fast as you can.

Don't quick fixes kill people? It may not be physical but some kind of way it'll kill you. Let's talk about diets. Didn't quick fixes get us into this obesity mess? Instead of families cooking like they used to, they just ran to the drive through and eat greasy kinda food. This leads to obesity and loads of other health problems. The only way to combat this is lesson fast food and cook at home. You don't have to cook gourmet meals but just cook something. I usually buy a pack of meat from the store, cook a few pieces, and eat it over the course of a week or so. This works for me when I'm tired or crunched for time. Also, there is no special supplement or diet that will slim you down except eating right and exercising. Of the millions of exercises and special diets/supplements, there is only one that has not been disputed: exercise 20 minutes a day 3 days a week and eat a balance diet. That's it.

Money. Don't we need it all and don't we want it all fast. A few months ago, I was in the northwest shopping center off of Wabash in Baltimore and there were hundreds of discarded lottery tickets, literally. I named it the boulevard of broken lottery dreams. The odds of winning the lottery are like 1 in 18 million or something ridiculous. I heard there's a greater chance of being hit with an asteroid. Lately. I've been watching American Greed and the premise of most of these schemes are: give me a small investment and I'll bring you millions. Savvy investors know that the broker takes their cut after the money is made. I have an aunt and uncle who are notorious for buying into get rich schemes, I mean every one that came out, they had a stock in. They're not any richer than before.

All I'm saying is beware of quick fixes or get rich schemes. The only way to get what you want is hardwork. Oprah said it best:The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work. Take that from the richest woman in entertainment. Get out there and work.

0 comments: