»

Friday, July 30, 2010

Celebrate You: If It doesn't hurt...


Last week I started a new endeavor to change my life and this week I'm in pain. I'm running every other day and I'm eating better. Today, I ran and I'm sore. Yesterday, all I wanted was a chicken dinner from M&J's and a nice half and half, Arnold Palmer for the foreigners but I couldn't. I started this journey and I plan to continue it.
After a few moments of woe is me, I was reminded that I haven't even done anything yet. I had only been in the good fight for a week and to complain when it has been a month. So much for that. I say all this to say, whenever you're doing something big or making a life change it's going to hurt. The hurt may be philosophical or physical. When you exercise, the pain is physical but the reward outweighs the pain. Changing your life is never easy. It's exhausting and requires you to go to a place you've never been. I'm on my way to that place and although I'm tired, I know I've got alot more work to do.

I say all this to say: if you give up, you're never going to have anything. Stay in the good fight and the reward will outweigh the pain.

0 comments: