»

Monday, July 12, 2010

Lil Kim Wants You to Know...


That she is still relevant. Since VII Mag is taking a more professional tone, there will be no shade or witty comment. In an interview with Life Lounge, Lil' Kim speaks on her relevancy and her feelings on new artists:

On Being Relevant

“I’m constantly growing, my album came out in ’97 but I started doing music in the early ‘90s. One reason that I’m still here and I’m still relevant to this day – probably even more relevant than a lot of new people who come into the industry – is because I know how to reinvent myself, I know how to change with the times.”

On Artists of Today

I think that, no matter who you are these days; you could be young, you could be old, you could be new, you could be an artist that’s been in the industry for a minute, I think it’s all about a hot record these days, it’s different

I think that’s the only difference I could point out, you know, you could have a hot song back in the day but it may not break through. But now if you have a hot song – it doesn’t have to have a lot of thought behind it, it doesn’t have to be a deep record.

You don’t even have to be very talented as long as you come up with something that’s catchy and, you know, something that is now.”


0 comments: