»

Monday, July 19, 2010

Should Famous Men Upgrade?


Today in a post about Lebron and his high school girlfriend Savannah on Bossip one of the commentors said that Lebron should upgrade his girlfriend. That made me think. Should famous men upgrade? Just because you're rich and famous, should you upgrade to another rich and successful woman or keep the woman you have.

In a recent Vibe magazine interview, Mashonda stated that she was with Swizz Beatz when he had no furniture and she slept on the floor in winter coats. Obviously, Swizz isn't sleeping on the floor in winter coats anymore with or without Alicia's money. It's also well known that Siovaughn Wade was with Dwayne when he didn't have a dime. Is it fair for these men to leave the women who were with them before they had the big names and big bank accounts? Is it fair for these men to treat these women like burdens when they decide to leave?

If it sounds like I'm upset, it's because I am a bit upset. I understand wanting better but I don't understand the public looking at these women like "regular girls" or "gold diggers." When I see Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade, I shudder sometimes because I know if he was regular broke joe, Gabrielle wouldn't look twice at him. Same with half of these women. We know the Kardashian's don't do anyone with a net worth of less than 8 figures. Not calling them gold diggers but we know if these men weren't rich, these women wouldn't look at them.We know that if Jay-Z wasn't worth $150 million, Beyonce wouldn't be with him because he's not on her level.


I feel like when these men have a woman who were there when they had nothing, they shouldn't get caught up in the lifestyle. I applaud men like Denzel and Samuel Jackson, who have been loyal to their wives throughout the fame and fortune. I'm not saying this because their wives are black because I don't care if you find love with a martian as long as you're happy. I find it commendable for people, not just men, who gain fame and fortune to keep a level head and stay humble.


I don't know the circumstances behind Dwayne and Siovaughn's divorce or Swizz and Mashonda's but I do know that when the money and fame dries up, most of these relationships will. Should Lebron go hollywood and find him another famous woman or one who looks good in a bikini or should he stay with Savannah, the mother of his two kids? You already know my answer.

0 comments: