»

Monday, July 12, 2010

Lesson of the week: Change


This has been my lesson and I thought it'd be great to share it with you. Change. A six letter word that means something great and something scary. It was great when we were holding up Barack Obama signs and cheering "Change" now it's not so great that we've settled into our lives. Most of us has realized that Obama's change may never come to fruition. I love Obama, but is it me or are things still the same. Sometimes, change is just a word. Other times, it's inevitable.

Change is scary. Change comes, mixes up our comfortable life, and leaves us to pick up the pieces. Sometimes that change is welcomed. We want to move out our parents house, we want to get married, have children, start a new job, graduate from college, etc. Whatever. But sometimes change is forced upon us. We get fired from our job, forced to move out, sometimes we get pregnant by accident. But either way, change happens.

I say all that to say, this week I've been dealing with change. For the last 10 months, I've been transitioning from relaxed to natural hair. Dealing with family opinion was hard enough, then I had to add the heat and humidity to frizz prone hair. During the winter, I would straighten my hair and it would last but as the temperature increased, the amount of time my hair lasted decreased. So I decided to do a braid out. That was all well and good, until the humidity turned my curls from curls to a big bush ball. So I thought long and hard and decided to pony tail it until fall broke. I would continue with the regimen of co-washing, deep conditioning, and oil but I would straighten it and pony tail it for the week and start over. I'll tell you how it works out in a week. Now that I've dealt with that, there are bigger fish to fry, as in this mag, which I will tell you about in the next post.

My main point is to never be afraid of change. Sometimes life doesn't work out how we expect it to, so we have to come up with a new plan. That's where I am right now.
Thanks for reading.

P.S.

Did anyone know that government has a website called change?

0 comments: