»

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Daily Randomness: Watermelon and Fresh Mozzarella


If you know me, you know that I'm a bit random. This is another one of my random thoughts.

For work, I brought two snacks, tomato, mozzarella, and spinach salad with some vinaigrette dressing and some watermelon pieces. So, I was at my desk, being receptionisty, when I was hit with the weirdest craving: watermelon and cheese. I went to the fridge and took some cheese out of my salad and put them in my watermelon and it was great.

This is not my first soiree into watermelon and cheese territory, having had it at a meet and greet a few months ago but the cheese was too strong. Feta would not be my first pairing because of it's strong flavor. If you're looking to add watermelon and cheese to your summer cookouts, I suggest fresh mozzarella because of how it compliments the watermelon flavor. Try fresh mint or salt for an added kick.

0 comments: