»

Friday, June 25, 2010

Artist Profile: Sir Foster Carson



How many infants do you know can walk up to a piano, play a note, and sing at back to their mothers? Not many and if one was known, they would probably be on Ripley's Believe it or Not. Believe it or not, this is how Foster "Sir Foster" Carson began his musical career. By four, Sir Foster was writing songs based on people's names and at six he began taking piano lessons, at 14, he ditched his piano teacher to learn on his own. Although the name may not be familiar, those he has had a hand in producing should be. Sir Foster has racked up production credits for Young Joc, Keyshia Cole, Soulja Boy, Travis Porter, Roscoe Dash, and Gorilla Joe.

When he's not producing for big names, Sir Foster works for the Atlanta Hawks as a keyboardist and posts Youtube Videos of him adding a jazz flair to your favorite songs.

Notable Quotes:

"Music is more fun when it bangs in the trunk. My music does bang in the trunk but it is very musical because i do sing and play the saxophone. What I strive for is lyrical and musical substance but it's still fun to listen to. I think I've done a good job in achieving that."


"Life moves fast. If I set my goal to make it at 30 when i may not make it until I'm 35, so why not try to get on now? Why should I wait?"

Here is Sir Foster on CBS' Better Mornings Atlanta

0 comments: