»

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

J. Cole - "Who Dat"



"I think it was an excellent reception," Cole told SOHH. "I just wish I would've explained to people more that it was a one shot, that we shot on film and even when you watch it in HD version it looks incredible because it was on 35mm film which is what they use to shoot movies with. Even with that said I think people respect the fact that I went home [to Fayetteville, NC]. I didn't come out with a whole bunch of jewelry, a whole bunch of light skinned girls with short shorts on. It's a real organic feeling video. I really wish I would've explained more to people but you know in time people will get it. They'll see all the imagery and all the little signs."

"I just do weird stuff. Even the fact, coming out with 'Who Dat.' It's not the typical song that's going to be on the radio, it's not the typical song that's going to play in the clubs but that's what it felt like," he added. "That was the feeling. It felt like the move so we moved. It's going to do it's job, it's going to do what it's supposed to do. I think the video was the same way. It was like, 'Yo, we love this idea. Let's do it.' Forget about the rules and what your first video is supposed to be. I'm supposed to [have] X amount of scenes and this amount of light skinned girls. I just like to do things my way."
(via SOHH)

Thank god.

J.Cole's Cole World is currently scheduled for an October release through RocNation/Columbia Records.

0 comments: