»

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Drake and Lil' Wayne plan joint album


While excitement would be the norm for the news of such an ambitious project let's just take a look at Lil' Wayne's list of collaborations in development:

I Can't Feel My Face
(w/ Juelz "Aye!" Santana)

Will it ever drop?
It's reportedly done.

So what's the hold up?
"The album is done..It's like the situation I had that stopped me from doing a lot of things before, was one of the same situations why the album ain't come out. But the album is done. It's not like we gotta go in and do a bunch of songs. We got about 35 records done so we just waiting for the politics and bullsh*t to get out the way and then we gonna put the album out. - Juelz Santana"
(via SOHH)

T-Wayne
(w/ T-Painnnnnnn)

Will it ever drop?
Most likely.

"The T-Wayne album, we're actually gonna wait until he gets out," Pain said in an interview. "He has so much going on. He has Rebirth out right now. I don't wanna interrupt that. We just gonna wait until he gets out to really get in on that. We recorded a bunch of songs. But, right now, it's time for him and his personal sh--. We definitely got an album's worth of material, but it's only an album's worth. It's nothing to pick from. We just got an album. We can put out whatever we feel like and say, 'Hey, this is T-Wayne's album,' or we can actually try to make it good. Like we're actually trying to make an album and say, 'This is the good T-Wayne album.' Rather than just record 12 songs and say, 'Here you go, mutha----as! I know you want it. You gonna buy it anyway, just 'cause you think it's good.'"
(via MTV)

The Hot Boyz
(w/ you know...The Hot Boyz...Duuuh)

Will it ever drop?
Maybe.

"I really want to do that," Juvenile said about a reunion this month. "You know if it were left up to Juvie we would do it right now man, But you cant do no Hot Boys songs without everyone present and that's the thing you got to have everyone present to make it work. I just need the information so I can write him. I've been need to get an address so I can write him."
(via Allhiphop)

The Best of Young Worlds
(w/ Lloyd)

Will it ever drop?
...

So, Young Lion and Young Angel sounds like a good project...but why should I be excited? The negative outweighs the positive in this situation.

For one, Lil' Wayne has to be free and alive for this to even go down.

Two, collabo projects stay in development hell in hip-hop.
Don't believe me? Where is the Timbo & Dre album? How about the CRS album (with Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, and Pharrell)? Or what about that Nelly, Akon, Pharrell, and T-Pain supergroup? For every Distant Relatives there is a Heltah Skeltah. I will believe it, when I see it (well, a press release and promo pic at least).

I'll save my excitement until 2011...or 2012...or 2013...you get my drift.

0 comments: