»

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Is T.I. throwing shade at Jay-Z?

When I first saw this quote I felt like a school girl listening to someone else gossip. It seems as if T.I. is throwing shade at Jay-Z in a nice way. In this interview with CNN, T.I. tells why he doesn't want to be a 40 year old rapper.

“I’m not going to be the 40-year-old rapper. I would not,” Tip told CNN in a recent interview. “That’s Jay. He’s doing it very well. Hats off, but I just don’t see that for me.” Tip, who will release his new album King Uncaged on August 17, prefers to take the path of another super-successful rapper. “If I had the option to [be] Jay-Z [or] Will Smith, I think I’d go with Will,” he revealed. “I’m a Jay-Z fan. I have a lot of admiration and respect for Jay and his legacy. But I feel like Will, he gets to spend more time with his family. He gets to be home more and actually raise his kids. I feel like he has more of a home life…and the money don’t hurt. Twenty million dollars a flick ain’t bad.”
I see his point but this is something he should have kept to himself.

0 comments: