»

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Have you heard: Big K.R.I.T.

Get familar with Def Jam's newest signee, Big K.R.I.T.



Big K.R.I.T. - Now or Neva by WWW.VIIMAG.COM

Hailing from Meridian, Mississippi, the 23 year old has been buzzing off collaborations with Wiz Khalifa, Curren$y, and Devin The Dude to name a few. His sound is an amalgam of some of the best the south has to offer. You can hear everything from Pimp C's inflections, T.I.'s arrogance, Juicy J's production, David Banner's hometown pride, and Outkast's state of mind in the budding new jack.

Sha Money XL, VP of A&R for Def Jam Records signed Big K.R.I.T. after hearing his mixtape K.R.I.T. Wuz Here.

"After meeting Big K.R.I.T. and hearing his mixtape K.R.I.T Wuz Here in the studio I knew without a doubt that this kid was a star and hitmaker,” Sha Money XL told AllHipHop.com. “I knew hands down that he will provide Hip-Hop a sound really needed right now.”


Expect big things for the emcee/producer in the coming months with a machine like Def Jam behind his sound.

In the meantime, see what has the 825 8th Avenue offices buzzing by clicking on the mixtape cover below to download.




Bonus:
Below, D. Banner shows love to the newest act to rep the 'Sip.

0 comments: