»

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Life Goes On


Today I had a setback that had me wondering what was going to happen to me? My closest co-worker was fired due to personal conversations and other things and this had me wondering what has my fate? Was I in these convos? What will I do without my work buddy? There were alot of questions. I think I went through all the grieving steps today. Dramatic, I know but this is how I felt.

On the way home I realized that life goes on. Work goes on and the customers will come and go regardless is he's there. That's the harsh reality of life. It waits for no one and is very unsympathetic. It doesn't care how many setbacks or what cards you were given, life keeps moving and it will pass you by if you let it. Have you ever seen someone who looks like they're waiting to die? I don't mean sick people but I mean people who have given up on life. They go through the motions and have stopped trying to improve their lives. I know quite a few people like that and it's sad.

No matter what you've gone through, life goes on. Tomorrow will come, the sun wil set and rise, people will go to work, children will go to school, that's life. It stops for no one. I encourage everyone to make the most of their lives. Although you may have suffered a set back, know that you can get up and go on. Here is my favorite quote from Meet The Robinsons:

Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

0 comments: