»

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why don't you like me?

I used to wonder this all the time: why do some people hate me? It's not like I knew these people or did anything to them they just hated me. I was never popular in school. I was always teased, always called rude names and never really had any real friends. I kept mostly kept to myself and tried to infiltrate some groups. It was clear these people didn't like me but where was I going to eat lunch? I know it sounds crazy looking back at it but as a 14/15 year old girl, this is what I thought. Lunch was everything and I didn't want to be more of a loser than I already was.

I just wanted to be like and part of me still wants that. Around sophomore year I moved on. I stopped trying to be liked and just stood alone. I finished high school with one "friend" and I'm not one of those people with loads of high school friends. I talk to a few people over facebook but that's the extent of my high school relationships.

I've spent my entire life fighting labels that were un fairly given to me. I've been called some of the worst names and these people don't even know me. I think it's weird to talk to people I went to school with now but I didn't talk to them then. I find it ironic. I remember one time in the cafeteria one of the girls said "to be nice to nerds so they won't shoot you" and she looked at me.
First of all, it's not in my personality and second, I don't need anyone to feel sorry for me. I don't nor need anyone to take sympathy on me and be nice to me because no one else wanted to be. Sorry, high school Donna just came out.

Anyway, I still deal with unnecessary labels and hate. I have to deal with members of my own family disliking me and I don't know why. I try to be myself but sometimes I wonder if being myself is good enough. If you've ever been in that boat, it's important to make peace with it and yourself. God made you who you are for a reason and learn to love you. I wish I could write more but we'd be here all day. If you want to talk to me, email me @donnatbroadway@gmail.com.

0 comments: