»

Thursday, August 12, 2010

What is legally married?



I've been wondering this for years but someone please school me on what is legally married? I've heard this so many times from Kim on Real Housewives of Atlanta, who claims that Big Poppa is "legally married" or from Fantasia's recent statment claiming the same thing. When I hear this B.S. of a statment, and we're going to call it what it is it's B.S., I always wonder can you be anything but legally married? Isn't illegally married called commonlaw wife or husband? I'm a bit old school so I believe in A or B, you either are or you're not.

There is no reason why a divorce takes 10 or more years, I'm looking at you Naomi Campbell. I know people who have gotten instant divorces or dissolved their marriage in less than five months. There is no excuse. If it's still 3 years and he's feeding you mess about she won't let him leave, you're a fool and should be treated as such. If he wanted a divorce, he could have it. He obviously likes having you and her. If he was serious about you, he would have left her already.

Can someone explain to me why women continue to fall for the same tricks? Married men use the same lines all the time. I'm unhappy. She won't let me leave. I don't want to give her my money. I love you more. She has nothing on you. I'm staying for the kids. We're separated. We don't live together. We're having problems. It's better than taking a second or third wife. There is no love in my marriage. I asked my wife to dress up and be sexy, but she wouldn't do it. It's not adultery if I pay for sex! We could go on forever but you and I know this is B.S. He is married and you're not. Why settle for this? If no one in his circle knows about you and if you have to go to the next town to hang out. If he refuses to be seen with you unless he doesn't know anyone, you are a mistress. Let's say it together: YOU ARE A MISTRESS!!!!


You say to me, what's the big deal? I have him, she doesn't. I'll tell you what's the big deal. She has him legally. My aunt was in an adulterous affair for nearly 30 years. When her "fiancee" died, they were engaged since 1984 but still hadn't married 22 years later, she had nothing. Even if the wife didn't want him, she didn't want her to have him. Guess what the wife did? She only gave my aunt 15 minutes to say goodbye to the man she was with for 30 years and she took everything. When I say everything, I mean everything that was his. They even had to take the equity from the house and hide it in my account, I didn't know this and I was spending money I didn't have because no one informed me, so she wouldn't take it. That was a pity and a shame.


30 years with a man and you have nothing. Was the wife spiteful and out of line? Maybe. But the law gave her the right to do that. As the wife she had the rights and my aunt had nothing. Same with my grandmother. My grandfather left her and was living with another woman in Pennsylvania. They had no contact for over 20 years but when he died, best believe she got in her car and went to PA and took everything. She got the money, the house, all his property because it was hers legally. What could the girlfriend, or whatever title she had do, but be mad? She could sue but if he didn't will it to her, she had no legal standing.


I know you feel whatever way about what I've said and I'm going to let you have that. But be careful. If you're in an adulterous relationship with a married man, know you will get screwed one day. If he hasn't made you anything official, please stay away. Why invest so much time and money into a relationship that is going to fail one day.

I find it a bit disheartening that I have to say this but: stay away from married men! If his name is on a valid marriage certificate, stay away from him. I don't care if you love him and you're soulmates and whatever garbage he feeds you, stay away until his divorce is final.

0 comments: