»

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I like to cook



I think I am one of the few gen yers that actually likes to cook. Most of my friends eat out at least 5 days a week or more and have never touched a stove. That last part is an exaggeration but you get what I'm saying. I love to cook. Although I am not G.Garvin in the kitchen, I want to be one of the best cooks I can be. I have an aunt that cooks our thanksgiving dinner every year and I'm so jealous at how good the food is. I've been planning to come up early for a lesson but work obligations get in the way. So digression aside, I love to cook ,i love to create, I love seeing different ingredients become one. Here are a few things I like to cook:


Shrimp and Pasta



1 cup of pasta: penne, bow tie, spiral, even spaghetti works
2 tsps of olive oil
1/2 tsp of butter
1 tsp of garlic or two shakes of garlic powder
4 or 5 cherry tomatoes cut in halves
1/3 cups of fresh mozzarella
1 cup of spinach
3/4 cup of shrimp
Directions:
Add pasta to water and boil until tender, drain and set aside. Add the butter,mozzarella, and garlic to the pasta and cover to allow cheese to melt. In a separate pan, add the shrimp to the olive oil and cook until done, add the cherry tomatoes and spinach and cook until done. Add the shrimp mixture to the pasta and stir until well mixed.



Spinach salad




editor's note: you'll realize that tomatoes, spinach, and fresh mozzarella make up a few of my favorite dishes because they're so versitile and I already have them.


1 cup of spinach
3 or 4 halved tomatoes
1/4 cup of fresh mozzarella
1 tbs of vinegrette dressing of your choice
add the ingrediants to a bowl and mix well


Personal Pizza



1 wheat flat bread or pita
1/4 tbs of olive oil
1 tbs of alfredo sauce
1/2 cup cut cooked chicken breasts
3/4 cup of cheddar cheese

Directions: set oven to 350* and allow to preheat. Take the bread and spread the olive oil on back to prevent sticking. Spread the alfredo sauce on the bread and add ingrediants as desired. Allow pizza to cook for 10-15 minutes or until all cheese has melted. Cut in half and enjoy with salad.

0 comments: