»

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Brandy and Monica in People Magazine


On what happened when Whitney Houston stopped by their Pre-Grammy party rehearsalBrandy: She was like our godmom. I kept asking, ‘Does it sound good?’ and she said, ‘It sounds great but turn the band down’
Monica: She was lively and she us to make her proud. I thank God for those last few moments with her.
On what it was like for them to work together againBrandy: I’m honored. It doesn’t feel like work [tears up]
Monica: Don’t start. In the studio she’d have glassy eyes. I’m like ‘Brandy!’ She’s very emotional.
On how they both been affected by deathMonica: Death made me appreciate life. After burying my first love, I realized life was too short.
Brandy: I wish I had spoken to Monica after that terrible accident. It was a very hard time. My life had to be perfect; I didn’t want to show my mistakes. I learned the hard way you had to take responsibility.
On their relationshipsMonica: I sing differently since I’ve met my husband. And he is so attentive to my kids [Rodney 6, and Romelo, 4 with rapper Rocko Hill].
Brandy: My daughter Syrai [9; dad is producer Robert Smith] loves Ryan, and he loves me for me. But I don’t have a ring.
Monica: Girl, I got you. I talked to Ryan. You’re good.
Brandy: You did? I told Ryan I’d marry him with a bubble-gum ring
I know that Brandy is trying to be cute but she just seems desperate. I feel like Brandy would marry anyone who asks. I'm glad both women are happy.


0 comments: