»

Monday, February 13, 2012

Nicki, Nicki, Nicki



Nicki Minaj is the epitome of doing too much-and that doing too much may have hurt her career. When will artists learn that you don't offend the Catholic church?

Nicki's performance confused me. I had no idea what was going on or why she was being exorcised, although the latter is not a bad idea. Was Nicki even singing? I know that she says that she doesn't lip-sync and the BET thing from a couple years back was the sound guy, but all I heard was the backing track. "Roman, take your medication," or something to that effect. I felt like this performance was more appropiate for the Academy Awards or the MTV Movie Awards, or maybe the VMAs. The Grammy's is about showcasing your talent, not your showmanship. Although Lady Gaga is the queen of theatrics, she always let her talent shine. And she always turned it out with live singing and a bit of piano playing. What was Nicki doing and why? This should have been a skit because there was no music to boot. Nicki did too much for the Grammy's.

I know that Nicki accomplished what she wanted. She wanted attention and to be noticed on the world's biggest stage, but what happened to talent shining through. I guess Adele is the only singer who can stand at a mike, sing, and slay everyone else. Say what you want about Adele, but her true talent shines through.

0 comments: