»

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Brandy and Monica- It All Belongs To Me



I love Brandy and Monica. I had The Boy is Mine and Never Say Never and both were on heavy rotation. And like every teenage girl in 1999, I fought with my friends about who would be Brandy and who would be Monica. I think I had a preference for Monica, but I don't remember. With all my Brandy and Monica love, I have to admit I wasn't counting down the days for this Brandy and Monica duet part II.

This song is a hit. People like the nostalgia factor, love Brandy and Monica, and people love the male bashing theme. You know when I say something is a hit, it doesn't mean that it's good. This song is okay. The chorus is kind of weak and if this song comes on the radio, I will search from something better. This song is also awkward. Are they singing to each other? About the same man? Do they both know the cheating man? It's a song for one person that they made a duet. I would love if the song had some sort of back and forth to it. It doesn't even feel uniformed for both of them.

 Did they really say, "log off your Facebook?"

0 comments: