»

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Eddie Long....


I don't like to judge people but I think there is something wrong with Eddie Long. I don't know if he's pumping mind control gas into New Birth but he has very loyal parishioners. The man has done very shady things but people fail to catch on. First, he is accused of molestation by four men, it is revealed that he was having a relationship with Centino Kemp, his wife files for divorce and he puts out a statement recanting her claims, it was found that Eddie Long was the beneficiary of his own charity in the late 70's and reaped a salary, home, and car from the charitable donations of well meaning, and naive, folks, and now he crowns himself king of New Birth. That is wrong on so many levels.If I was a parishioner, I would have to ask myself what is the purpose of the church. Is it about God or Eddie Long? I think it's about Eddie Long. The emphasis should always be on God and not the man on the pulpit. If Eddie Long was called as he claims he is, he would feel comfortable taking glory from God. If I was a member of New Birth, I would find a new church home and let Eddie Long take the one way trip to hell alone.

According to this article, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-wil-gafney-phd/a-biblical-scholar-rebuts-claims-eddie-long-coronation-video_b_1249602.html, the Jewish ceremony that Eddie Long partook in did not make him a king at all. There is something wrong with Eddie Long and something even more wrong with Eddie Long's followers.

0 comments: