»

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Thoughts on Evelyn, Chad, and Open Infidelity

I'm not gonna go too much into this because I didn't see the episode, I only saw the review and read the transcript, plus I wrote something similar to this a couple months ago with Love and Hip Hop. On last night's Basketball Wives, Chad told Evelyn on national TV that he has no plans to be faithful to her, before and after marriage, and Evelyn's only response was to buy him condoms. Maybe that's why Evelyn is so mad at Jen because she's right. I don't care what people say about Evelyn and Chad's relationship, Evelyn is miserable and it shows in her actions. A person who has found the love of their love and is getting married, would not be focused on petty stuff and trying to fight at every turn. I believe that Evelyn wants all of Chad, but like one blogger said, she's willing to sacrifice part for the whole. Evelyn is miserable and will continue to be miserable. I don't care how much of a blind eye one turns to cheating, the groupies of today are not the groupies of old. Mistresses understood that the man had a wife and that she was not to be seen or heard. They knew their place. Now mistresses see affairs as ways to become the wife and will often put themselves out there in an effort to get the wife to leave the man. Even if the man is quiet with his affairs, there is no guarantee that the woman will be.

When Evelyn and Chad first got together, I believe he liked the fame that being in a high profile relationship brought him and I believe that Evelyn liked jet setting lifestyle that being with Ochocinco provided. Now I think that Evelyn just wants to make it to the altar and Chad still wants the fame and the open marriage that Evelyn is offering him. This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen and we know that this won't work in the long run. You can see that Evelyn is unhappy with the arrangement, and truthfully, she deserves better than a man who is only offering part of himself to her.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

u hit the nail on the head.