»

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Someone, Come Get Willow Smith

I'm not going to judge the Smith family or Will and Jada's parenting because I don't know them or the ins and outs of their household, but based on what I've been seeing from Willow, it may be time to take a different approach.

I don't know Willow's life but one has to wonder what is so hard about her life? People go through struggles, but at 11 your life should be easy. The only thing you should do at 11 is wake up, eat, dress yourself, go to school, have petty 11 year old issues, stuff like that. You should not have adult issues at 11. I don't care who the child is, there is no child who should have adult issues. I've always felt that Willow had too much freedom. I understand not stifling a child's creativity, but children are still children and they need boundaries. Willow is a little too free for my liking. When she was on Oprah, she had a very relaxed stance that showed there was no clear boundary between adults and children in Willow's world. Jada has stated that Willow is not forced to go to school and she can choose her own punishments? Really? Is Willow getting any education and if a child chooses the punishment, does it count as a punishment? There needs to be some structure and a clear line between adults and children.

I don't know what Willow's issue is, but someone needs to get her ASAP. This won't end well. I see another Drew Barrymore in the works. Too little parenting, too much adult responsibility, too much money is not a good combination. Will, Jada, grandparents, somebody, Willow Smith needs you now.

0 comments: