»

Friday, December 30, 2011

2012 Vision Board


I got the idea for a dream/vision board out of Confidence is King by Susie Castillo, former Miss Teen USA, actress, model, spokeswoman, and TV host. She spoke about creating a board with visualizations of her deepest hopes, desires, and dreams. I immediately bought a foam board, pins, cut some pics, printed some sayings and made my dream board. I meant to attach a picture of mine to this post but I left my camera at home. 

How to create a vision board:

There is no wrong way to have a vision board. Your desires don't have to be deep; they can be something as simple as a new pair of shoes or trying a new restaurant. A vision board is a very personal thing and every board will be different. The only rule is that everything on your vision board should have some value to you, your goals, plans, dreams, and desires. 

Sections:
  1. financial- self explanatory anything having to do with finances, be it budgeting, investing, saving, etc.
  2. social- may be attending more events, meeting people, being a better friend, etc
  3. physical- may include seeing the doctor more in 2012, exercising, eating better etc
  4. intellectual- attending school, reading more, taking random classes
  5. emotional- can range from love, to self esteem, relationships, to better managing stress
  6. spiritual- reading holy text, praying daily, meditating, attending religious services
  7. personal-any goal that does not fall into one of the above categories. I have a dream house, dream car, winning an award, making the Ebony 150, traveling, I think traveling is my biggest section etc. These can be anything.
In addition to my sections, I have quotes, bible scriptures, and quotes by Thich Nhat Hanh. I also have random pics that have things I want to accomplish, become, or work on. 

0 comments: