»

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Gift to Tyrese


Tyrese is one of those people who should stay off of Twitter. In fact, he is one of those people who shouldn't speak unless reciting lines. He just needs to sit there and be sexy, when he opens his mouth he loses sexy points. He is the ultimate Twitter prophet. He is on Twitter all day, giving advice to everyone, especially single women I like some of the stuff he says but for every one thing he says that's poignant, he says 2 things that cancel it out. I understand having confidence but just because you have been a successful entertainer, doesn't mean you should be a Twitter prophet.
I hate when people throw rocks and hide their hand and "I ain't taking shots at no one" is the perfect example. If you don't wanna take shots at anyone, then don't tweet about it. Tyrese is also a hypocrite because a few years back, I think 2005 or 2006, he was trying to rap but no one took him seriously. He's mad that no one checked for him. Tyrese isn't a rapper, so why would he care if an R&B singer decided to rap? It's not taking any money out of his pocket, so he needs to have several seats.

Earlier this year, I rented Tyrese's book from the library, because I was not paying for it unless I liked it, which is what I do with most things I buy, and I didn't get past chapter 2. The book wasn't bad but after the chapter about his childhood, I felt like there was too much name dropping and "look at me," "look at the people I know." I don't like name droppers. I understand he's accomplished and he's often in the company of accomplished people but I wanted to read more inspirational things and I didn't feel inspired, I just felt bored. I gave it to a friend and he said the same thing. I like confidence but I hate people who are constantly tooting their own horn. It gives an air of insecurity because if you were as great as you constantly have to remind people, then people would see it own their own. I'm off my soapbox.

0 comments: