»

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Beyonce and the Shack


I am ready to battle the stans. I know this post will not be popular among Beyonce stans but I'm ready for the BS.

A story recently began circulating around the blogosphere of Beyonce selling a Miami cabana she bought for $450,000 at a loss of $340,000, which means it sold for $110,000. Okay. I know that to Beyonce $340,000 chump change and she doesn't even blink at the loss, but I need Beyonce to do better. I know Beyonce likes to brag about her business acumen and how her father isn't a Svengali and she actually thinks for herself and all that good stuff, but whoever advised her to buy a 190 sq foot house with a half bath needs to go back to business school. If Beyonce thought it was a good idea to buy this shack, then she has no business acumen. Okay, maybe she does because this was in 2002 when she was 20 and I'm sure the sales people saw this young girl, whose father did most negotiating on her behalf, coming from a mile away and sold her this shack for nearly half a million dollars. The only reason it went for that much is because that's probably how much it was really worth. Beyonce paid all that money and probably only used it a handful of times. This whole thing is a shame and  I hope she learned something and negotiates better deals.

0 comments: