»

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Gift to Rihanna


Rihanna needs a break. I have to admire Rihanna's work ethic. She has put out an album every year for the last 6years, toured relentless, shot video after video, has had product endorsements and anything else an artist has to stay relevant. I feel like Rihanna's work ethic has been pushed by her handlers, who know Rihanna is flavor of the month fair and will be fading in a couple years. Rihanna is pretty but no one will be singing her songs five years from now and they know they need to capitalize on her before she fades into obscurity.

I am gifting Rihanna a hammock on the beach. Rihanna is exhausted and she needs to relax. The queen of relentless work ethic, Beyonce, even told Rihanna to take a year off. I feel like Rihanna should take time off to recuperate and allow the public to miss her. Rihanna's latest album, Talk That Talk has only been out for a few weeks but it is already fading from memory. I liked Loud and I loved the red hair and I hate this brown, curly stuff she has going on. I feel like she had a few more months to push Loud before the image become old. I feel like Rihanna changing her image with every album may work to her detriment, people like to feel like they know their artists and Rihanna changes so quickly that it's hard to keep up.

Rihanna has been exhausted and very sick for the last few weeks,so much so that the public is beginning to notice. It's a shame when handlers, record labels, and managers become so engrossed with the "product" that they forget that there is a person behind this product. If Rihanna doesn't slow down, she'll end up Britney 2.0.

0 comments: