»

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Really Sinead O'Connor


I know most of you are saying, "who?" But Sinead O'Connor is a one hit wonder from the early 90's, who instantly  killed her career after ripping up a picture of the pope on SNL. A few weeks ago, Sinead O'Connor annouced that she was getting married, for the fourth time. A couple blogs covered it but other than that, no one really cares. Like I said awhile ago, C-List-F-List celebs, and washed up celebs, should be grateful to blogs because the these outlets, which they so openly bash, give them a much needed career boost. Well, 18 days after getting married, Sinead released an open letter about ending her marriage.


"Within 3 hours of the ceremony being over the marriage was kyboshed by the behaviour of certain people in my husband's life. And also by a bit of a wild ride i took us on looking for a bit of smoke of weed for me wedding night as I don't drink. "My husband was enormously wounded and very badly effected by that experience and also by the attitude of those close to him toward our marriage," she continued. "It became apparent to me that if he were to stay with me he would be losing too much to bear."


I've read this statement multiple times and I'm still confused? What is she talking about? This is one of those statements that have you smiling and nodding because you don't want the person to say anything else. I need Sinead to have several seats in a wedding chapel. Also, didn't Sinead come out as a lesbian a few years ago? How do you retract coming out of the closet? That's a first. Most people try to stay in the closet. What's the point of  brazenly declaring your lesbianism and then running back in the closet? You don't have to "come out the closet," per say, to be open. Lots of people aren't "closeted" but they don't publicly declare their status.
I smell a stunt. I feel like Sinead, and soon to be ex-husband, will be on someone's reality show trying to repair this marriage or in Celebrity Rehab because they smoked weed. Or, she will be on some "celebrity" show crying about how she was abused or teased and the Pope picture ripping thing and how it painfully affected her. I think she's trying to set herself up for some type of comeback. Like I always say, I don't knock anyone's hustle. Get it how you get it but be careful while you're getting it.

On another note, not everyone is meant to be married. Marriage is hard work and it isn't for everyone. I feel like there is nothing wrong with having a "friend," shacking up, or being eternal "boyfriend and girlfriend." Don't feel like you have to get married because that's what society wants. If you don't wanna be married, fine. Do what works for you. Many people happily shack up for years and there's nothing wrong with that.

0 comments: