»

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2012 Oscar Nominees and Commentary



Best Picture
"The Artist"
"The Descendants"- I have it at home, I haven't watched it yet but I will this week and review it
"Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close"
"Hugo"
"Midnight in Paris"-Loved this movie 
"The Help"- Loved this movie
"Moneyball"- I'm surprised this movie was nominated because it seemed to disappear as fast as it came
"War Horse"
"The Tree of Life"
Best Actor
Demian Bichir, "A Better Life"
George Clooney, "The Descendants"- Love Georget Clooney, he is my original crush, he will be 60, crapping on men a 1/3 his age. George, if you ever decide to become a sugar daddy to a young, black woman, email me. 
Jean Dujardin, "The Artist"
Gary Oldman, "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy"
Brad Pitt, "Moneyball"
Best Actress
Glenn Close, "Albert Nobbs"
Viola Davis, "The Help"- Loved her in the movie, although part of me wants to know why she had to play a maid to get some attention.
Rooney Mara, "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"- I have this at home too, when I watch it, I will review it. 
Meryl Streep, "The Iron Lady"
Michelle Williams, "My Week With Marilyn"
Best Supporting Actor
Kenneth Branagh, "My Week With Marilyn"
Jonah Hill, "Moneyball"
Nick Nolte, "Warrior"- I didn't know Nick Nolte had a movie out. 
Christopher Plummer, "Beginners"
Max Von Sydow, "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close"
Best Supporting Actress
Berenice Bejo, "The Artist"
Jessica Chastain, "The Help"- I love her in this movie. I've seen her in a few other movies and she's a good actress. She should be nominated. I like Bryce Dallas Howard, she should be nominated too.
Melissa McCarthy, "Bridesmaids"- I saw this movie and she was good in it. I don't know if she was Oscar good, but she was good. I think it's them giving the big girl some attention.
Janet McTeer, "Albert Nobbs"
Octavia Spencer, "The Help"- Loved her in the help too. I like how she portrayed a maid with attitude and showed that black people didn't just submit, they actually fought back.
Best Director
Woody Allen, "Midnight in Paris"
Michel Hazanavicius, "The Artist"
Terrence Malick, "The Tree of Life"
Alexander Payne, "The Descendants"
Martin Scorsese, "Hugo"
Steven Spielberg, "War Horse"
Best Original Screenplay
Woody Allen, "Midnight in Paris"
JC Chandor, "Margin Call"
Asghar Farhadi, "A Separation"
Michel Hazanavicius, "The Artist"
Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo, "Bridesmaids"- Congrats to her for getting her kudos. "Bridesmaids" was good.
Best Adapted Screenplay
Alexander Payne, Nat Faxton, Jim Rash, "The Descendants"
John Logan, "Hugo"
George Clooney, Grant Heslov, Beau Willimon, "The Ides of March"- Looks like George will be cleaning up. I guess I need to see this movie.
Aaron Sorkin, Steven Zaillian, "Moneyball"
Bridget O'Connor, Peter Straughn, "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy"
Best Animated Feature
"A Cat In Paris"- I haven't even heard of this movie.
"Chico & Rita"- This one either.
"Kung Fu Panda 2"- 
"Puss in Boots"
"Rango"

0 comments: