»

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fashion Tip of the Day: Dressing for the Occasion



As I peruse the blogs for my daily fix, I seem to be coming across one trend that needs to stop, everyone attending different events at the same event. Let me explain. One person is in jeans and a t-shirt, the next person is in a club dress, one person looks like they're going to the prom. It has to stop. I use Ashanti as an example because she attended Jay-Z's 40/40 club reopening looking she was attending the prom. The dress code was a bit fuzzy. I saw jeans, bomber jackets, suits, etc but Ashanti looks over dressed. The dress is cute. I like the color and it fits her well but it was too much.

If you're unclear on the dress code, find a go-to outfit. This outfit straddles the line between dressy and casual. A blazer and a pair of well fitting dress pants is perfect for any occasion. Add a pair of heels and you will fit in whether the event is semi-casual or casual. You can also have a go to dress. A simple well fitted dress and heels will fit in at any event. Note: these tips are for events where the dress code is not specified. If the dress code is on the invitation, then you need to dress accordingly. Never mistake formal for sem-formal. A dress or a well fitting suit are the only way to go. A little black dress is always in style.





0 comments: