»

Monday, January 9, 2012

It's a Girl

(peeped on Lipstickalley.com)

Can we all get on with our lives now? I guess not. If you haven't heard by now, I have no idea what planet you were on because I'm sure that they heard too. Beyonce gave birth to a baby girl on Saturday evening, 1/7 not 1/8 like most people are stating. Beyonce had the baby by c-section and there are no words on official stats as in length and pounds, and there is also no statement from Beyonce or Jay-Z's reps.

I wonder why Beyonce and Jay-Z even have "people" if their friends are just gonna tweet and speak about the news. Rihanna confirmed the birth and sex and Gwyneth Paltrow confirmed the name. The name is Blue Ivy, not Ivy Blue as most outlets have reported. Excuse me for being in Beyonce's womb, but why would a woman who works as hard as Beyonce to be healthy, opt for a scheduled c-section? A lot of famous women opt for them because it allows for a tummy tuck but I don't know anything about that. I would think that a vaginal delivery would be easier to recover from but I'm sure Beyonce has some super drug that will heal her in a couple days.

I actually like the name Blue Ivy, in some off the beaten path way. I think it's a clever name for a business, not a baby but she's not my daughter so I don't really care. Beyonce and Jay-Z could have named her Brown Poop and she would still be richer and have more opportunities than you or me because of who her parents are. Blue Ivy is so well connected that she will never have to create a resume or fill out an application of any sorts. I wish mom and baby a speedy recover.

On a side note: there was a story floating around about Beyonce and Jay-Z filming a special event today. No word on what the specifics are but I'm sure it's about Blue Ivy. I'm sorry I can't type just Blue and feel comfortable. MTV is a confirmed guest and I know that every media outlet will try to gain access. I think that they may pull a Chris and Gwyneth and allow them to take photos of them with their baby with hopes that the press will leave them alone. Maybe.

0 comments: