»

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Thoughts on the KKTNY Season Finale


Sigh... Don't take my not having any sympathy for Kim as hating on Kim. When I first heard about Kim and Kris getting married and I saw their pics, I remember I was eating a piece of cake and I said, "I have more chemistry with my cake then she has with her fiancee." In the pics it looked copied and pasted.

  • Kim needs a Mr. Kardashian, a la Bruce and Scott. She needs someone to follow her around, hold her bags, and pose for the red carpet. She needs someone who doesn't have anything going on. I think if Kim opened herself up to Kris, he could have been good for her. Kris saw Kim as Kim and not as Kim Kardashian. Kim wanted Kris to see her as Kim Kardashian and realize how important she was and kiss her feet. I like that Kris told Kim the truth and was open with her. I also like that Kris was willing to compromise and not just Kim's lap puppy.
  • Kim didn't want Kris at all. Kim acts like Minnesota is in the middle of nowhere. Last I checked, Minnesota had a working airport with flights to and from LA and New York. If Kim really wanted to make it work, a la Khloe and Lamar, she would make it work. If I was a Minnesotan, I would be offended. It may not be New York or LA but I'm sure it's more than hick town. 
  • Kim didn't want Kris' stuff in her house. That big house and she couldn't find any room for his stuff or his dogs. Kim was very rude to the dogs and rude to him. She knew the marriage wasn't going to last, that's why she didn't compromise.
  • There's a lot of copy and pasting going on here. Some of the scenes look re-shot, inserted a la Kim and her mom's car scene, and edited to show Kris and the marriage in a less than favorable light.
  • Nothing went on in this marriage that didn't go on in the engagement. Kris always spoke his mind, was always about his career, and wanted to compromise about Minnesota. It's not like things were perfect when they were engaged or dating and they changed, things were always amiss. Kim didn't want to be single, so she married Kris. That's it. Kim should have never wasted that man's time, or her own. They should have screwed for a few months and let that be that. 
  • Everything was about Kim. The People magazine special edition and the wedding special was all about Kim. Was there a pic of Kris in there? Did he matter? I agree with Kris when he said, you could insert any groom into this picture. It was not about Kim and Kris, it was about Kim. She knew that man wasn't staying around long, which is why she didn't compromise or change her last name. 
  • How much did they pay Kourtney to cry like she cared about Kim's trivial problems? If Kim was my sister, I would have told her to shut up and get over it. Harsh, but if your biggest problem is the marriage you never wanted failing, consider it a blessing. Kim has a lot going on for her. She's rich, beautiful, and successful. Those may be superficial, but Kim is superficial and she has all the things she's ever wanted and there has to be a trade off somewhere. When you sell your soul to live a superficial life, I doubt you're gonna have anything worthwhile in your life.
  • By the end you can tell Kris was over it. He may have been less over it than Kim, but there were scenes and pics where it looked like he could shoot himself and be happy. 
Unless Kim finds that lap puppy, she's going to be single. Kim has tainted her public image with this marriage. I think she tainted herself. She made it look like it was all about the money, which I think it was. Kim didn't even try. I could see a year or even 6 months but the papers didn't even get a chance to settle in the system before she filed. 72 days is nothing. She didn't want that man from jump street and everyone knew it but him. 

0 comments: