»

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Nicki Minaj, We Need to Talk

I've never been a Nicki stan. I find her a bit annoying and gimmicky. Although I do the "Super Bass" shoulder shake when the song comes on and I know most of her verses, you'd be hard pressed to find me at the record story buying one of her albums. When I saw that Nicki Minaj dropped a new video for "Stupid Hoe" I immediately shook my head. I've only listened to the song in passing and it made me shrug. This song sounds like a filler. Nicki is giving basic for this to be her sophomore album.

That is why her album has been pushed back three months. That is unusual for an artist of this caliber. Young Money knows this album is garbage and they're pulling the plug so she can revamp/Nicki Minaj is one of musics biggest stars and the only female rapper who is making an impact. Nicki has no competition and she's feeling herself. It's time for Nicki to grow beyond these songs. I don't know where she's going to grow to but she can do better than "Stupid Hoe." In my opinion, Lil' Kim is not worth the breath it takes to make a diss record. Lil' Kim's last number went #1 on pay pal and even that was disputed by pay pal. When is the last time you heard a Lil' Kim song on the radio? Lil' Kim is a joke, she doesn't need anyone making diss records about her.

It's time for Nicki to grow up and stop resting on her laurels. She may have accomplished a lot but she can easily be ousted. Nicki needs to focus less on being a cartoon and more of being a rapper.There is a reason why "Stupid Hoe" has more dislikes than likes. Yes, she has the perfume, clothes, OPI, and whatever else but she is becoming a punchline. Do better, Nicki.

0 comments: